Patient Instructions before abortion
To prepare you for your abortion at Jackson Women’s Health Organization follow the patient instructions below, complete the PATIENT FORMS and bring them with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring a government issued picture ID with birth date on it.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have parental consent to have an abortion. Call our clinic to get information about this, and about possibly getting this requirement waived by the courts.
- Children are not allowed in the clinic.
- $150 payment is required on the 1st day.
- We accept cash and/or major credit cards. Cardholder must be present to sign.
- We do not accept personal checks.
- Ignore protestors outside and come directly into the clinic.
- For security reasons, please do not bring anything larger than a wallet to the clinic.
- Try and eat a light meal right before coming in for your abortion.
- Bring all prescription medications you are currently taking.
- Bring at least 2 heavy flow maxi pads with you.
- Depending on which medication you choose, you may need to have someone drive you home. Our staff will let you know in advance if you are required to have a driver. The procedure can’t be performed if you do not have a driver with you.
- Remaining balance of fees will be collected.
- Please be on time for your appointment, otherwise we may have to reschedule.
- Please bring any necessary medical records with you.
- You’ll be in the clinic a couple of hours. Bring a book or other activity to help pass the time.
- You may also want to dress warmly as it gets a little chilly inside the clinic.
COVID-19 Guidelines in effect: Only patients will be admitted into the building at this time, unless they’re with a patient that is a minor, or they are an interpreter. learn more
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
~ patient comments ~
I was extremely impressed with the staff, doctors, and the overall cleanliness of the facility! The whole experience was less stressful than expected.” – Google review
They were all extremely professional, personable, and kept me calm through the entire process. It’s very clean and comfortable place.” – former patient
Great place. Genuinely care about women. Safe environment. No judgment. Kind staff. Variety of health services. Reliable health care the way it should be!” – Google review
Nice clean office
Staff and doctors made me feel very comfortable. I’ve been to other offices in the area, this one is the best by far!!!” – former patient
Right to make a choice
People should have the right to make a choice. Thank y’all for all you do.” – Google review